1971 Chevrolet K10 Pickup Raffle Rules
Trout Unlimited Canada (TUC) will implement these rules for the raffle:
a) Raffle tickets shall not be sold to a person under 18 years of age;
b) Raffle ticket sellers will advise adult ticket buyers not to write the name of a person under 18 years of age on the ticket;
c) TUC staff will not be eligible to buy tickets and/or win. TUC staff, their employees and members of their immediate family (a spouse, parent, son, daughter, brother, sister, or the spouse of any of these individuals) are not eligible to receive raffle prizes;
d) The early bird draw will be done at the Trout Unlimited Canada office: 180, 4000 Glenmore Court SE, AB T2C 5R8 on July 3, 2018 at 16:00;
e) The main draw will be done at the Calgary Italian Cultural Centre: 416 1 Ave NE, Calgary AB T2E 0B4 on October 11, 2018 at 21:00;
f) All sold tickets will be placed in a rotating raffle drum with tickets clearly visible to those attending the draw;
g) There will be one early bird prize awarded: Chicago Classic Wrigley Field Rooftop Experience with a retail value of $4,500 (prize description included);
h) There will only be one (main) prize awarded: 1971 Chevrolet K10 4X4 Pickup Truck;
i) The prizes (one early bird and one main) is as awarded (no cash equivalent);
j) Vehicle insurance is the responsibility of the winner of the truck;
k) The 1971 Chevrolet is appraised as being in excellent condition with an appraised value of $81,400; appraisals included;
l) All prize winners have one year from the draw date to claim their prize; during that period TUC will make reasonable effort to contact the winners by phone, e-mail, mail, and/or registered mail. TUC will also post the winning number on our web site and other social media and through news media. TUC will secure or place in safekeeping unclaimed prizes for a period of one year from the date of the draw. If at that time the prize has still not been claimed, the prize or cash equivalent to the fair market value of the prize shall be donated to a charitable beneficiary approved by the AGLC.
m) The prize will be available for pick up in Calgary, AB. Prize delivery transportation costs will be the complete responsibility of the prize winner.
n) The first draw (early bird) will take place on July 3, 2018 at 16:00 and the prize will be Chicago Classic Wrigley Field Rooftop Experience. The second draw (main prize) will take place on October 11, 2018 at 21:00 and the prize will be the 1971 Chevrolet K10 4X4 Pickup. Tickets purchased before 16:00 on July 3, 2018 are eligible for both prizes. Tickets purchased after the early bird draw are only eligible for the main prize.
Ticket Requirements and Sales:
- A copy of each ticket type will be forwarded to the AGLC (if requested).
- TUC will only print 2,500 tickets.
- Tickets will only be sold as indicated: 1 ticket at $100/each and/or $250/3 tickets.
- Tickets may be purchased by more than one person; however, if a ticket stub with more than one name on it is drawn, TUC shall award the prize to only one of the individuals identified on the stub (First name that is printed). Trout Unlimited Canada and the AGLC are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between different persons purchasing one ticket.
- Single tickets will be offered for sale. TUC will allow multiple tickets to be purchased at $100.00 each.
- Raffle tickets may be sold for cash, cheque, money order or credit card made payable to Trout Unlimited Canada. If accepting non‐certified cheques or credit card payments, TUC shall be responsible for ensuring that the proceeds from the ticket sales are received.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- No person shall be obligated to purchase raffle tickets as a condition of registration for any of TUC’s programs or services.
- Tickets shall be numbered consecutively.
- Tickets shall be in two parts, as follows:
a) On stub kept by the licensed charity:
i) buyer’s name, address, telephone number and email address;
ii) the ticket number and the raffle licence as provided by the AGLC.
b) On part given to buyer:
i) TUC’s name, address;
ii) raffle licence number;
iii) ticket number and price, total number of tickets printed;
iv) exact location of the draw and draw date;
v) prize description and value;
vi) Some “Restrictions apply to prize” (e.g. must have proof of insurance and vehicle registration to pick up);
vii) and notice “Must be at least 18 years of age to purchase”.
- TUC agrees that we will be able to account for all tickets. Prior to the draws, TUC shall reconcile the number of sold tickets and unsold tickets, as indicated in the raffle ticket sales record, with the number of ticket stubs in the draw container, to ensure that all eligible tickets form part of the draws.
- Both the early bird draw and the main draw will be open to the public. At least one executive member of TUC and one member of the public who is not a member of the licensed group must be present to witness the draw.
- TUC will video record the raffle ticket draw and retain the tape with the raffle records for two years after the draw date.
- TUC will do the draw from a container that is transparent or constructed with mesh so that tickets can be seen from the outside.
- The winning ticket will be manually drawn from the container in a random manner.
- An early bird draw will be held for all tickets purchased prior to but including July 3, 2018 at the Trout Unlimited Canada office in Calgary. There will be only ONE (1) winner. The winning ticket will be returned to the draw container after the early bird draw to ensure eligibility towards winning the main prize (the 1971 Chevrolet K10 Pickup Truck).
- A ticket stub containing the ticket number of each sold ticket must be placed in the draw container and will be eligible to participate in the draw for the 1971 Chevrolet K10 Pickup Truck. There will be only ONE (1) winner.
- Prior to drawing, the ticket container will be rotated, or the contents of the container agitated a minimum of three times.
- The draw will be made by any person who does not own a ticket or a share of a ticket in the draw.
- The arm of the person making the draw must be “bare” of clothing below the elbow and they must exhibit their draw arm and both sides of their open hand to the draw witnesses, immediately prior to making the draw.
- Only the person making the draw may put their arm/hand in the draw container.
- When selecting winning ticket, the person making the draw shall be asked to look away from the container in the direction of the witnesses.
- A record of the winning ticket drawn shall be made indicating the ticket serial number, the name, address, phone number, and email address of the prize‐winner and the time and date the ticket was drawn.
- The winning ticket shall be immediately exhibited to witnesses and held open for inspection until the end of the draw.
- TUC shall retain all tickets with the raffle records for two years after the last draw date.
- TUC agrees that if the draw occurs and we later determine not all eligible ticket stubs were placed into the draw container, the AGLC will be notified immediately. A Discrepancy Report will be submitted by an executive member of the licensed group to the AGLC within 3 days of discovering not all eligible tickets were placed into the draw container. The Discrepancy Report shall specify the total number and serial numbers of the affected tickets and an explanation for how the problem occurred. Normally, the licensed charity will have to conduct a second draw with all eligible ticket stubs and award another set of prizes equivalent to the original list of approved prizes.
- The Early Bird Draw Prize (Chicago Classic Wrigley Field Rooftop Experience) as described and approved in the licence application shall be awarded. TUC is responsible for contacting the prize winner (ONE Only (1)) and will make every reasonable effort to notify the prize winner.
- The (Main) Prize (1971 Chevrolet K10 Pickup Truck) as described and approved in the licence application shall be awarded. TUC is responsible for contacting the prize winner (ONE Only (1)) and will make every reasonable effort to notify the prize winner.